Strategic Insurance Services Ltd are committed to protecting your privacy.
How to contact us
For the purposes of data protection legislation, Strategic Insurance Services Ltd is the data controller.
Strategic Insurance Services Ltd
36-38 Church Road
If you are unsatisfied with our response, you have a right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. Further information can be found at ico.org.uk.
If there are any significant changes made to the use of your personal information, we will notify you by posting a notice on our website.
This policy was last updated on 28/02/2020.
Strategic Insurance Services Ltd are registered in England and Wales under company number 02968515 and our registered address is 35 Ballards Lane, London, N3 1XW. Our main training address is 36-38 Church Road, Burgess Hill, West Sussex, RH15 9AE.
We are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority – number 307133.
Collection and processing of your personal information
We only collect, process and store your personal data if:
- You have agreed to it; or
- We have a legitimate reason to do so, such as for fraud prevention or debt collection
What types of personal data do we handle
We collect, process and store the personal data that you provide when you contact us via any of the following channels: requesting or obtaining a quote, purchasing or renewing a product, using the website, via email, phone, post, webchat or a general enquiry.
Such personal data may include the following:
- First name and surname
- Postal and/or email address
- Date of birth
- Country of residence and/or nationality
- Unique identifier information e.g. your customer username or number and password
- Some details provided by your device such as IP address, device ID, device type and location data
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may not be able to process a product or service, or we may have to cancel a product or service, but we will notify you if this is the case.
How we use your personal data
- We will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- To provide you with access to our website
- To provide you with information you have requested, including without limitation, quotations, policy documentation, renewal terms and responses to applications
- To respond to any queries from you regarding our products and services
- Where you have agreed, provide you with information about certain other goods and services which may be of interest to you
- Where you have agreed, provide you with newsletters and brochures
- Where we need to comply with a legal and regulatory obligation
Personal data sharing and transferring
We will not share your personal data with anyone else unless you agree to this, or such sharing is necessary to fulfil our contract with you, or we are legally allowed or required to do so. Moreover, your personal data will only be shared with selected organisations which comply with our security procedures and policies.
- Our service providers and subcontractors, where they help us provide our services to you;
- To a regulating body or other authority where we need to comply with a regulatory or legal obligation
- Fraud prevention or debt collection organisations when required to protect our legitimate interests.
Some of those organisations may be based in a country outside the European Economic Area or where different data privacy laws apply. We will only transfer your personal data to that country if they ensure an adequate level of protection of your rights and freedoms, or you have given us your consent, or that organisation is contractually bound to meet European Economic Area data protection law.
We will not sell or rent your personal data to anyone.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Personal data protection and storage
We handle your personal data in accordance with adequate and reasonable procedures and technologies in order to maintain and protect its security, availability, confidentiality and integrity, and prevent its unlawful or unauthorised processing, accidental loss or damage, from its collection until its destruction.
Where personal data is transmitted across the internet, it will be encrypted.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of your personal data, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Personal data disposal and retention
We will only keep your personal data for as long as it is needed for the purposes for which it was collected, and we will remove from our systems all personal data which is no longer required.
We will only retain your personal data after this time where we are required to do so, in order to meet a regulatory or legal obligation.
Details of retention periods of your personal data are available in our data retention policy which you can request from us by contacting us.
You have the right at any time and free of charge to access your personal data in the following ways:
- Request a copy of the personal data we hold about you. We may charge a reasonable fee to provide further copies, and can refuse to give you this information if your requests are clearly unjustified or excessive
- Have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Request the erasure of your personal data where it is no longer necessary for us to keep it for the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed, unless we have a legal or regulatory obligation to retain the personal data
- Restrict further processing of your personal data. Where you have previously entered into a contracted service or product with us, this may imply cancelling the contracted service or product
- Withdraw your agreement to direct marketing, including profiling
- Request to transfer your personal data to you or to a third party. This right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to response
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
We will do its best to provide you with a high level of service and Customer care every time.
However, sometimes things can go wrong, and we may fail to meet your expectations. Our internal Complaints procedures allow us to deal with Complaints fairly, effectively and promptly. If you think we have let you down, please tell us why.
What you need to do if you have a Complaint
You should raise your Complaint with us by telephone, email, letter, and fax or in person to:
Strategic Insurance Services Ltd
36-38 Church Road
Tel: +44 (0) 203 551 6633
How we will handle your Complaint
- Endeavour to resolve your Complaint as quickly as possible
- Acknowledge your Complaint promptly and in writing
- Advise you of the person dealing with your Complaint and how you can contact them
- Provide a final response to your Complaint within 8 weeks of receipt
- If we cannot reach a resolution
If you are dissatisfied with our Final Response, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge but you must do so within six months.
If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances.
For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.
Contact details are as follows:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Tel: 0800 023 4567
Further information is available on the Financial Ombudsman Service website